Are you or someone you know looking for a change of scenery and want to get involved in the cider biz? We’ve got an opportunity for you!
Blue Toad Hard Cider New York is looking for a Head Cider Maker and Production Manager. This position will serve as Head Cider Maker and Production Manger for Blue Toad Hard Cider in both Rochester, New York and Roseland, Virginia. The position will oversee all production of various cider flavors and varieties from the delivery of fresh pressed sweet cider to the packaging of the finished product – keeping up with all aspects of demand.
- Implementation of EKOS Cidermaker Cloud Based Production Management and Tracking software for the entire company
- Process and procedures created for updating, maintenance, inventory, supplies, etc. for EKOS Cidermaker
- Report collection and production forecasting based on current and historical data
- All duties related to fermentation (yeast propagation, monitoring and promoting healthy fermentation)
- Filtering (using plate and frame as well as DE filtration methods)
- CIP of all production equipment
- Packaging (kegging and canning)
- Record keeping and reporting
- At least one year working in cider, beer or wine production
- Get it done attitude and constantly looking to improve processes and procedures
- Attend sales calls and events while speaking knowledgeably about the product
- Ability to manage employees at times from afar
- High School diploma
- Basic computer competency with knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Cloud, etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel between production facilities in Rochester, NY and Roseland, VA
- Clean and valid driver’s license
- Can lift at least 50 pouds
- Flexible scheduling with ability to adjust schedule based on production needs
- Possess a strong desire to maintain a sanitary facility
- Deadline and goal driven
- Mechanical aptitude and willingness to problem-solve
Interested? Apply here.